Prescient Holdings (Pty) Ltd: Information Access & Privacy
Prescient is committed to protecting your personal information. The information below applies to all entities within the Prescient Holdings (Pty) Ltd group. The name of the specific company which processes your personal information will depend on which entity you are invested with or provides a service to you.
Promotion of Access to Information Act
The Promotion of Access to Information Act, No 2 of 2000 was enacted to give effect to the constitutional right of access to any information held by any private or public body that is required for the exercise or protection of any rights. Certain requirements, however, have to be met for access to any information being granted.
The Act requires that a manual be prepared to assist people in exercising their right of access to information.
Our manual is available here.
Our request form is available by here.
Protection of Personal Information Act
The Protection of Personal Information Act, No. 4 of 2013 (“POPIA”) promotes the protection of Personal Information (“PI”) processed by public and private bodies. According to POPIA you may:
- Request the correction or deletion of your PI held by Prescient at any point in time.
- Object to the processing of your PI or withdraw consent once given to Prescient.
- Request information on which of your PI is / has been collected and information on the identity of all third parties or categories of third parties who have / have had access to it (subject to any legal or regulatory obligations preventing us from providing the information to you)
Prescient reserves the right to decline a request to delete information if there is a contractual or legal obligation to retain the information. Prescient will advise you of the consequences of a request to delete information or withdrawal of consent to processing your personal information.
Prescient Practical Implementation of POPIA and Security Framework
To view our Practical Implementation and Security Framework Document please contact the Information Officer on email@example.com.
To view our Group Data Protection Policy including our Retention Policy please click here.
Contact the Prescient Information Officer
The Prescient Delegated Information Officer is Nadia Galloway. You may contact her on firstname.lastname@example.org for all requests or queries.
Contact details for the Information Regulator (South Africa)
- JD House, 27 Stiemens Street, Braamfontein, Johannesburg, 2001
P.O Box 31533, Braamfontein, Johannesburg, 2017
- Tel No. +27 (0) 10 023 5207,
- POPIA complaints email: POPIAcomplaints.IR@justice.gov.za
- PAIA complaints email: PAIAcomplaints.IR@justice.gov.za
- General enquiries email: email@example.com