Careers: Why Work For Us
OUR OPERATIONS SPAN INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT, FUND SERVICES, STOCKBROKING, WEALTH MANAGEMENT AND RETAIL AND INSTITUTIONAL RETIREMENT PRODUCTS.
Who we are
Prescient is a multinational business whose operations span sub-Saharan Africa, Europe and Asia. Over the years, Prescient has evolved into a partnership of people and companies servicing a broad range of clients across a number of disciplines around the world. Prescient has a long-standing loyal client base and a robust business structure to facilitate continued growth.
Our core client-centric philosophy, approach and process combined with maintaining a strong entrepreneurial spirit and ensuring we continue to be competitive has resulted in substantial growth of the business and meeting our objective to be a world player. It has also enabled our clients and the industry to innovate and grow.
On visiting our various offices around the world you will possibly find an unexpected environment that is quiet, contained and not the least bit flashy. It’s a quiet confidence that comes from an over-riding way of thinking and working that started on day one of Prescient opening its doors. It’s a sense of knowing based on our proven and tested methodologies, processes and infrastructure that have consistently delivered excellent services and results for our clients.
We embrace a business philosophy that creates simplicity and certainty in an uncertain world.
- We believe in one core philosophy and not being all things to all people
- Decisions/Investments are made conservatively with as much knowing or predictability as possible
- Our aim is to understand our clients’ needs and give them peace of mind
- We strive for a culture of success, remaining entrepreneurial, being solution driven and innovative leaders
- We are committed to our clients, our colleagues and our shareholders
- We believe in sharing the business success via ownership, where coming to work is more than just a job
- We deal with each other as partners, with respect, an open mind and fairness, where being honest can never be compromised
- We accept that people are not all the same and accommodate individualism and allow people to play to their strengths
- We believe that everyone should be passionate about what they do and have courage in their conviction, take ownership of their responsibilities and be accountable and willing to stand by their decisions
- We commit to a culture of compliance and adhering to the regulatory framework within which we operate
- We are a learning organisation where self-improvement is essential, innovative ideas are nurtured and success celebrated
- We maintain an environment free of office politics and ego
- We are not limited by job specs, we share knowledge and assist where needed
- We deliver accurate work, respond with urgency and deliver on client expectation
- We must be aware of the changing world around us and be willing to adapt
- We want to maintain and build the reputation and good name of the company
- We want Prescient to be a strong and enduring proudly South African business where we can be optimistic about ourselves and the future of the company
Why work for Prescient?
We believe in partnering with you, allowing you to thrive, be happy and meet your growth potential. You will join a team of hard working but balanced, fun, high performing individuals who love what they do and who strive to make a significant difference in our environment.
You will work with other A-players.
We see A-players as highly motivated, technically strong team players who find solutions for problems and get the job done. Working in these high performance teams provides you with unusually good career opportunities as our team of A-players drive growth, which results in new opportunities all the time.
At Prescient you will find Autonomy, Mastery and Purpose.